PREVIEW: Pain Therapeutics 2017
Posted in Courses & Conferences on 24th Feb 2017
Conference details: 17th Annual Conference: 22nd & 23rd, 2017. Interactive Workshop: 24th May, 2017. www.pain-therapeutics.co.uk
Created with an expert scientific advisory board, SMi’s 17th annual Pain Therapeutics conference will hone in on the latest innovations and novel approaches to pain therapy and analgesic drugs as well as look at the practicalities of using animal models and translational biomarkers in pain research.
Aimed at an audience of scientific leaders and senior specialists in neuroscience, CNS, clinical operations and pharmacology, Pain Therapeutics 2017 will keep attendees at the forefront of medical breakthroughs to adapt to the growing need towards minimising opioid dependency and new drug discovery.
Presentations from a selection of hand-picked pharmaceutical companies currently developing novel treatments in pain, will provide delegates with an understanding on key topics such as product formulation; opioid addiction; translational pain research; and breakthroughs in drug discovery.
Interactive workshops and exclusive new ndings from phase II clinical trials will be just some of the highlights at the 17th annual show when it returns to London this spring.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Prof Anthony Jones, Professor of Neuro- Rheumatology, University of Manchester
• Dr Steven Kamerling, Therapeutic Area Head for Pain, Inflammation and Oncology, Zoetis
• Dr Joseph W. Stauffer, Chief Medical Officer, Cara Therapeutics Inc
• Dr Stephen Doberstein, Senior Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer, Nektar Pharmaceuticals
• Dr Iain Chessell, Head of Neuroscience, AstraZeneca
• Dr Randall Stevens, Chief Medical Officer, Centrexion Therapeutics Corp
• Dr Richard Butt, Chief Executive Officer, Apollo Therapeutics
• Prof Theo Meert, Head of Global Government Grant Office, Janssen Pharmaceutica NV
• Dr Narender Gavva, Scientific Director, Amgen
• Dr Thomas Christoph, Head of Pharmacology and Biomarker Development, Grunenthal GmbH
• Dr Ian Bell, Principal Scientist, MSD, USA
The packed agenda also features talks from Lilly UK, Novartis, Pharmaleads, Mundipharma Research and more!
REASONS TO ATTEND IN 2017
• Awareness of new guideline on the clinical development of medicinal products intended for the treatment of pain
• Strategies and real case studies to minimise risk of opioid dependence
• Evaluate the translation gap with case studies from a pre-clinical and clinical perspective
• Explore the latest in the area of Neuropathic pain for 2017 with the latest case studies from top pharma companies
• Examine the use of animal models to study pain pathways