6 CPD points awarded.
To improve the understanding of diagnosis and management of trigeminal neuropathic pain through interaction between sufferers of facial pain and healthcare professionals.
- Discuss the complexity of a diagnosis of trigeminal neuropathic pain and potential differentials.
- List the relevant examination and imaging techniques that may help improve diagnosis or inform on management.
- Understand how management of trigeminal nerve injuries differs from trigeminal neuralgia.
- Recognise the differences that arise between what healthcare professionals prescribe and what patients actually do.
- Compare the different surgical options for trigeminal neuralgia.
- List additional support that can be provided by healthcare providers for patients and with trigeminal neuropathic pain.