- Venue: Francis Crick Institute, London, UK
- Date: 7-9 April, 2019
- Website: http://www.statusepilepticus.eu
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Tel/Mob: +43-(0)512-57 56 00
This meeting has been held every two years since 2007 and has become a landmark meeting in the international epilepsy calendar. During this time there have been exciting advances in the field, with better mechanistic understanding and new treatments and clinical strategies, and we like to think that these were at least in part promoted by the Colloquia.
The venue of the Colloquium is the Francis Crick Institute, in the centre of London (adjacent to St Pancras Station). It is a spectacular new building opened in 2016, and is a perfect venue for the Colloquium (see https://www.crick.ac.uk/about-us/).
The faculty includes 45 leading figures in the field of Status Epilepticus and Acute Seizures from 15 countries. The exciting and stimulating programme should appeal to all those interested in the field, and is designed for both senior and junior clinicians, and scientists and others.
The programme includes:
- Nobel prize lecture by the Nobel Laureate, Professor James Rothman
- 10 sessions covering a arrange of clinical areas with full lectures given by a renowned international faculty from 15 countries
- 2 ‘Data Blitz’ sessions where new work is presented in quick-fire 6 minute segments
- 3 Special workshops (on clinical research and orphan conditions, outcomes of status epilepticus, and status epilepticus due to nerve gases and poisons).
- 2 Satellite sessions
- CPD is applied for
As in the previous Colloquia, we pay particular attention to making the meeting both interesting and enjoyable for our delegates. The congress hotels provide excellent value and are comfortable; and being in the heart of London, there is much on offer for you to enjoy.