Paediatric Neuro-Oncology services were established six years ago at the Aga Khan University. Since then this sub-specialty has grown tremendously; from the development of multi-disciplinary tumor boards to a training fellowship in paediatric Neuro-Oncology. After the tremendous success of Pakistan’s PNOS in previous years. Our aim with 4th APNOs is to bring Paediatric Neuro-Oncology to the forefront of health services by raising awareness, educating clinicians, and inspiring trainees to pursue this specialty as a career choice. To this end, we have developed a highly educational, scientific programme.
With invaluable support from the My Child Matters Grant (Sanofi-Espoir Foundation), our mission is to continue to contribute to building, developing, and strengthening the infrastructure of Paediatric Neuro-Oncology services in LMICs (Lower Middle-Income Countries).
The symposium aims to:
- Establish paediatric Neuro-Oncology as an essential sub-speciality of paediatric oncology in lower and middle income countries (LMIC).
- To recognize and support all the allied specialties in the management and advancements of pediatric brain tumors including pediatric radiation oncology, pediatric neuro-surgery, neuro-radiology, pathology, palliative and nursing care.
- Improve outcomes of paediatric brain tumors in LMIC by creating collaborations and twinning opportunities.
- Provide updates from various disciplines involved in the care of paediatric brain tumors.
Chairs & Co-Chairs
- Dr. Naureen Mushtaq (Chair Organizing Committee)
- Dr. Bilal Mazhar Qureshi (Co-Chair)
- Dr. Sadaf Altaf (Chair Scientific Committee)
- Dr Aqeela Rashid, Dr Ayesha Memon
- Dr Syed Ather Enam, Dr Asim Fakhruddin Belgaumi
- Dr Alia Ahmad, Dr Saqib Kamran Bakhshi
- Dr Nuzhat Yasmeen, Dr Shazia Riaz
- Dr Khurram Minhas, Dr Muhammad Shahzad Shamim
- Dr Gohar Javed, Dr Ehsan Bari
- Dr Salman Kirmani, Dr Najma Shaheen
- Dr Amber Goraya, Dr Atif Munawar
- Dr Uzma Imam, Dr Syed Ahmer Hamid
Who should attend?
Consultant and postgraduate trainees in pediatric oncology, neurosurgery, pediatric medicine, radiology, radiation oncology, palliative care, pathology and all physicians and allied healthcare staff taking care of children with brain tumors