Venue: Malmaison York, 2 Rougier Street, York, YO90 1UU
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The BIRT (Brain Injury Rehabilitation Trust) Conference is returning for the first time since 2017, bringing together clinicians, academics and practitioners in the field of brain injury to discuss innovative models of rehab, and how we can achieve the best outcomes for people.
The conference will take place in York on Thursday 21 September 2023, and we will be joined by a range of speakers, including:
- Dr Zoe Fisher from Swansea Bay University Health Board, talking about Innovative Approaches to Community Neurorehabilitation
- Professor David Sharp, Imperial College, London who will be talking about Effects, Outcomes and Innovations in Traumatic Brain Injury.
There will also be a number of interactive workshop sessions for delegates to take part in, including:
- Music Therapy in Neurorehabilitation, Luke Wilson, Nordoff Robbins
- Working with Domestic Abuse Practitioners, Dr Annmarie Burns, Steffy Bechelet, The Disabilities Trust
- Neuropsychopharmacology, Dr Thomas Elanjithara, The Disabilities Trust
Plus, the opportunity to meet and network with colleagues working in the sector.
An optional tour of The Disabilities Trust’s new cutting-edge hospital in York will also be available for those who are interested after the conference has finished.