Venue: St George's, University of London, Cranmer Terrace, London, SW17 0RE
Contact Email: email@example.com
Course Lead: Dr Kuven Moodley
Fee: From £30
Why join the course?
The St George’s Hospital Acute Neurology Masterclass aims to provide an overview of the management of common and emergency neurological problems presenting to hospital. The acute neurology service at St. George’s Hospital is one of the first dedicated services set up in the country. Attendants of the course will be taught through interactive case-based lectures, each vignette offering practical solutions to acute neurological problems. Topics covered include acute headaches, stroke and stroke mimics, seizures, dizzy spells, funny turns, functional neurological disorders, MS and neuromuscular emergencies.
General physicians (CMT trainees, medical SpRs, medical consultants), emergency doctors, and neurology ST3s.
Learners will develop a framework on how to diagnose and treat common acute neurological conditions and neurological emergencies, which includes:
- Approach to diagnosis and management of primary and secondary headache disorders presenting to the ED
- Diagnosis and management of stroke and how to distinguish stroke from stroke mimics
- Diagnostic approach to patients presenting with loss of awareness
- Management of neuromuscular emergencies
- Approach to diagnosis of the “dizzy” patient
- Recognition of functional neurological disorders
- How to diagnose and manage CNS infections
You will be provided a certificate of attendance and CPD will be sought from the by the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom.