Venue: Basement Lecture Theatre, 33 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Director: Dr Jeremy Rees
The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, University College London Hospitals Foundation Trust & UCL Queen Square Institute of Neurology
The need for multidisciplinary working in neuro-oncology is well established but a common theme that will be addressed is the need for better understanding between core specialties within the Neuro-oncology Multidisciplinary Team.
To address this, this course has been designed for Trainees, Consultants and Clinical Nurse Specialists in the core specialities of neuro-oncology – Neurology, Neurosurgery, Clinical Oncology, Neuroradiology, Neuropathology and Palliative Care.
The Aims of the Course are:
- To introduce the basic principles and recent advances in Neuro-oncological treatments.
- To develop a standardised approach to the diagnosis and classification of brain and spinal tumours using modern imaging, histopathology and molecular genetic techniques.
- To develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary management of patients with primary and metastatic brain and spine tumours, and other rarer tumours of the nervous system.
- To develop an understanding of the symptomatic management of the brain tumour patient with neurological symptoms, including palliative and end-of-life care and treatment related toxicity.
- To provide an opportunity for multidisciplinary discussion of common and rare cases