Time: 11.00 – 12.30
Aim: To increase understanding of how pain may be experienced in MND and potential methods to treat it.
• To examine current practice for pain management in MND
• To evolve our understanding of pain in MND and how to alleviate it
• To explore current thinking and research about pain management and possible future developments
By the end of the session participants will have:
• A more confident understanding of where and why pain occurs in MND
• Been introduced to options for effective pain management
• An appreciation of emerging research and developments pain management for MND.
Dr Rhys Roberts, Consultant Neurologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital – Cambridge