Motor Neurone Disease Association
Time: 11.00am – 12.30pm
To develop increased understanding of the role of hospice care for people living with and affected by MND.
• To explore of the range of services available through hospice care
• To explore the role of hospice services in good patient centred care
• To develop understanding of how people living with and affected by MND can be supported to positively consider using hospice services
• To explain how to connect people living with and affected by MND with hospice services
• To explore how hospice care supports the MDT
By the end of the session participants will have:
• An awareness of the types of care which may be provided by a hospice.
• An understanding of how hospice services can be used to meet patient centred goals.
• Increased confidence to talk to people living with and affected by MND about hospice care – challenging the perception that it is a place to go to die
• An understanding of how to refer people living with and affected by MND to hospice services
• An appreciation of how the hospice fits with the wider MDT
Speaker: Claire Stockdale and Lisa Sievwright (MND and neuropalliative specialist therapist)