Venue: NCORE, Training Room 4, The Johnson Building, Locomotive Way, Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8JE.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course enables occupational therapists to revise visual processing systems and gain confidence in diagnosis and intervention.
- Revise the importance of the visual system and ocular motor control in normal occupational performance
- Revise both the development and the neuroanatomy of the visual system
- Understand the common visual dysfunctions seen following neurological damage and how these impair function
- Review both objective and subjective assessment methods and the roles of the OT, multidisciplinary team, ophthalmologist, optometrist and orthoptist in the administration of these
- Considered the differential diagnosis in this area
- Examine the current theories regarding remediation of such impairments
- Discuss treatment approaches and techniques, and different equipment which may assist
Who will Benefit
This course is suitable for Occupational Therapists working with adults. Other health and social care professionals may also benefit from this course.
Pre-requisites for the course:
Professional qualification in health or social care.
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 14.5
Certificate of attendance, course delegate pack, additional handouts and reference list are all included in the price.