Time: 11.00am – 12.30pm
Aim: To develop increased understanding of the role of hospice care for people living with and affected by MND.
- to explore of the range of services available through hospice care
- to explore the role of hospice services in good patient centred care
- to develop understanding of how people living with and affected by MND can be supported to positively consider using hospice services
- to explain how to connect people living with and affected by MND with hospice services
- to explore how hospice care supports the MDT.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- an awareness of the types of care which may be provided by a hospice
- an understanding of how hospice services can be used to meet patient centred goals
- increased confidence to talk to people living with and affected by MND about hospice care – challenging the perception that it is a place to go to die
- an understanding of how to refer people living with and affected by MND to hospice services
- an appreciation of how the hospice fits with the wider MDT.
Speakers: Claire Stockdale, Palliative Medicine Consultant and Lisa Sievwright, MND and Neuropalliative Specialist Therapist