Motor Neurone Disease Association
Time: 11.00am – 12.30pm
Aim: To develop increased understanding about the use of tube feeding for people with MND and the implications for provision of person-centred care.
• To develop understanding of how people with MND can be supported to make informed, patient centred decisions about gastrostomy placement
• To examine the role of tube feeding in the management of MND and its impact on people living with MND and their caregivers.
• To develop an understanding of the enteral feeding methods and tube care.
• To consider how the MDT can work together to improve outcomes and patient experience.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• An awareness of how to support people with MND with decision making regarding tube feeding.
• An understanding of the role enteral feeding plays in the nutrition support of people with MND
• An understanding of the different feeding methods available and how these can be used to meet patient centred goals.
• An appreciation of how the MDT can collaborate to ensure good patient outcomes from the use of tube feeding
Speaker: Sean White, NIHR Clinical Doctoral research doctoral fellow Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust